ARDR signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Rwamagana District, Eastern Province on October 8, 2014. The purpose of the agreement is to build friendship and goodwill and foster a relationship that will support exchanges which promote meaningful civic engagement in a global context between ARDR and Rwamagana District Hospital (which falls under the jurisdiction of the Rwamagana District).
In an effort to internationalize our commitment to community engagement, both parties are now prepared to participate in a formal experiential learning program that seeks to promote opportunities for collaboration in service, internship and research efforts.
As stated in the MOU, these exchange programs encompass, but are not limited to, promotion of the following ideas:
- Organization of joint medical-related research programs to analyze and understand the health of the people in our individual organizations as well as the citizens of our community.
- Establishment of joint service and community wellness projects designed with the goal of improving the health of our citizens, which include, but are not limited to, physical examinations, immunizations, nutrition training, disease prevention, general hygiene and preventative care training as well as physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Exchange of knowledge, ideas and training to improve the caliber and value of both organizations and our affiliates.
- Establishment of medical related internships (local and abroad).
- Other health care related programs to which both parties agree.